The light in the picture above is the Sola 6 model –Fresnel series. Check it out on Litepanels website! www.litepanels.com
If you are in search of professional grade movie/photography lighting, look no further–Your boys over at LITEPANELS got you covered! I can’t say enough about the LITEPANELS lights … so thats all I’m going to post, ok c-ya. JUST JOKING! LOL LMAO ROTFG HAHA.
Ajay Doc Johnson (professional film maker) introduced us to these wonderful LITEPANELS and we are never looking back. Well maybe to laugh at the film makers with out-of-date lights HAHA!
Myself, Citizen Shane (aka Shane Edele) and Onairus, are filmakers and film several indoor green screen shoots as well as an outdoor night shoots for our Web Series, Onairus’ Corner. And guess what? We use LITEPANELS lights. Personally, we use the Sola 6 as a key light and the Hilio as a fill light, but they are both so versatile, anyway you put them, they produce great lighting. They are the best and EASIEST lights I’ve ever used!
Ever had lights on set turn your ass into a sweaty pig? Ya, me too! HILIO lights (Picture right -light on the left) generate no noticeable heat! Essentially they are sweaty pig proof! You know how nice it is to not have to shower after a shoot? So that means the HILIO lights are safer to handle and there’s no extra expense for cooling with power-hungry air conditioning. What’s more, the proprietary LEDs offer 50,000 hour lamp life.
This is taken from the LITEPANELS website: “To answer the need for an LED fixture capable of throwing illumination over a 20 to 25 foot (6.1 – 7.6 M) distance, Litepanels has developed the new Hilio™ 5600°K. Utilizing an array of 72 one-Watt daylight LEDs that are focused to a 15° angle, the H2 Hi-Output washes the set in Litepanels legendary HD-friendly LED soft light.”
Here are some specs of the HILIO lights from the Litepanels website as well:
- HMI replacement with high quality Litepanels illumination
- Eco-friendly – uses up to 95% less energy than conventional lights
- Typical studio ROI is less than 3 years
- 72 one-Watt daylight LEDs focused to a 15° angle
- 100 to 0% dimming with no noticeable color shift
- High quality light source for interior or exterior use
- Dimming via DMX standard 512 protocol as well as local manual dial
- Sleek footprint in rugged hard anodized aluminum housing
- Filter slot holds up to two gel filters on front panel
- Standard yoke for easy positioning with hardware or on a stand
- Integrated rear gimball plate for accessory attachments
For more information regarding the HILIO lights copy and paste this link: http://www.litepanels.com/language/pages/hilio.php
-Citizen Shane 12:11